Overcome the obstacles in your way
Which investors are right for my company?
How do I approach investors properly?
Is my business ‘ready’ for investors?
Which documents should I prepare in advance?
What is typical for a negotiation? And what isn’t?
What is the value of my company and how can I demonstrate it?
Draw inspiration from our projects
Financial planning and funding round at startup go2market
Financial planning and investor search for go2market. Petra Wolkenstein: “It’s a pleasure to support Thomas Perdolt and the team at go2Market by planning and implementing their expansion. We always work really effectively together. I’m so happy that go2market were able to find excellent investors to help them expand their business.”
Funding round platform for the health sector
To finance the expansion of an established industry platform, its Austrian founders sought external funding and challenging for a bidding process. Konsultori helped the startup team over a six month period with everything from processes, negotiations and due diligence preparations, to an expansion strategy and business consulting.
Whalebone funding round
Supporting cybersecurity startup Whalebone in its Series A round. Petra Wolkenstein: “Richard Malovic and his team have successfully proven that their product can be scaled.”
How we work and what we do
Initial consultation & project outline
Challenging all documents
Investment teaser & process
Long list of investors and pitch
Project management and negotiation support
We will guide you through the process.
- challenges your financial plan
- works with you on benchmarks to validate your assumptions
- produces documents for you which factor in KPIs
- assesses your business from an objective perspective
- advises you on process definition optimisation
- works with you to prepare your documents
- provides you with a long list of investors to approach
- assumes project management responsibilities throughout the process
- supports you throughout the entire investment process until funding is complete
- helps you to compile your due diligence documentation
- assists you with tactics during negotiations and prepares you for further talks.
The outcomes for you
- Financial plan review
- Investment teaser
- Business valuations
- Long list of investors to pitch
- Project management
- Negotiation support
- Co-ordination of legal consultants and auditor
Experts at Konsultori
We specialise in business valuations for early-stage startups. At this stage, the future growth of your business is still highly uncertain, meaning special methods for valuation must be applied. Late-stage businesses use the DCF method as standard, combined with a multiples approach. Sometimes, an asset valuation is also necessary.
In the creative industries and technology sector especially (platform model, SaaS model, corporate sales), we have several years of experience and provide templates for financial planning which are challenged using benchmarks.
Investment strategy & process
We support business sales and funding rounds with strategic or financial investors. Depending on your industry, different processes need to be defined in order to be able to manage and complete the process within the scheduled timeframe.
Investors need a few solid arguments to explain why your business generates added value and why your business valuation is forecast to increase exponentially in the future. That is summarised in an equity story and together with your investment teaser, it is the backbone of your investment story.
M&A negotiations & project management
With 20’ years M&A experience in the corporate and startup scene, project management and keeping tight deadlines in mind is second nature to us. Assisting our clients with briefing and debriefing on future procedures during the negotiation process is also nothing new to us.
Approaching investors & business matchmaking
A good network can definitely be beneficial. But these days you can reach out to investors and strategic partners with a short, well-crafted ‘cold’ pitch. We don’t believe that you need to approach business matchmakers for the sake of your network.
Your contacts at Konsultori
Managing Director at Konsultori BD GmbH
Strategy, M&A and Growth Expert
Investor & General Partner for Africa Startup Wise Guys
Managing Director at key2investors & digital accelerator
- Nine years’ growth experience with startups and investors
- Funding rounds and sales in cybersecurity (Whalebone), eCommerce, and HealthTech
- Strategy development for one of Austria’s biggest platforms
- Training and preparing startups for accelerators (Startup Wise Guys, SFG, Wirtschaftsagentur, DGO Campus, European Space Agency)
- Three years’ experience in strategy and business development for mobile communications companies in northern and southern Europe.
- Ten years’ experience in corporate M&A for the telecommunications sector
Finding investors with Go2Market
“Konsultori and Petra Wolkenstein are extremely professional. Her experience really helped us to get through the first funding round. We were thrilled that the documents and arguments which we produced in the preparations stage were so well received in our search for investors and during negotiations. I appreciated such a straightforward, hassle-free and honest partner who never forgot our goals and timeline. Without Konsultori, we’d never have managed to achieve everything within such a short space of time”
CEO & Co-Founder, go2market
What we have achieved for our customers
of investor capital secured
hours of negotiating